October 29, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
1:00 – 2:30 PM (Central)
Topic: The Art of Bidding
Learn how to increase your share of profitable work and decrease the chance of being the low bidder on unprofitable jobs.
This course will cover:
• Determining your installed cost
• Budgeting techniques that give you the cost and profit picture
• Finding which projects are most profitable for you
• Determining the best jobs with your best chances
• Overhead and overhead recovery;
• Adjusting your price based on project size;
• Understanding competitor’s bidding behavior
• Competitive/risk factors to consider in each project
• Construction selling processes based on value, not low price.
This course is designed for anyone involved with pricing, bidding or selling jobs including Project Managers and Estimators.
About the Speaker
Keith Rahn’s industry experience comes from owning a mechanical contracting company in Indiana for many years. Rahn currently serves as a professor at Auburn University in the McWhorter School of Building Science . He has taught a variety of classes that covered instruction in mechanical and electrical systems, project management and administration, estimating and project scheduling, and construction material methods.
Register below by October 22nd
Zoom login information will be e-mailed to registered attendees a few days prior to the event.
Signatory Contractors, MCA-Omaha Associate Members, Labor Partner Leadership, and Academy Student Members
YES – this counts for points! Please be sure to chat Michele “hello” to ensure your attendance is recorded since there will be multiple local mca chapters on the Zoom.
Questions? Contact Michele at 402.305.8969 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program hosted by the MCA Affiliate Alliance.
<< All Events
Registration is now closed for this event. Please contact Ali at 402.592.3330 for additional information.