June 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
— This is the rescheduled course from April 1st.–
Productivity Improvement for Mechanical Projects
Great project management is primarily responsible for creating excellent productivity on every project. Due to the endless number of variables, which negatively effect worker efficiency, excellent productivity is the project team’s greatest challenge.
Productivity also has the greatest positive or negative impact on project and company profitability. Excellent productivity requires proactive, diligent, and detailed planning by the project manager at each step of the project.
This 1 1/2 hour webinar will provide proven methods and practices for creating, controlling, and improving project productivity on all types of projects.
The following topics will be presented and discussed:
• Material handling practices that guarantee improved jobsite productivity
• Understanding “average” productivity and the “typical” construction site work day
• Identifying, managing, and controlling recoverable lost time
• Understanding the differences between management-caused lost time and worker-caused lost time
• Understanding the differences and the important connection between punctuality and productivity
• Planning, productivity, and profitability relationships
• Planning activities that have huge impacts on productivity
• Identifying and controlling the internal and external factors that affect productivity
• Fabrication, pre-assembly, tagging, and bagging
About the Speaker:
John Koontz has been teaching mechanical contractors for over 25 years. He was a tenured professor at Purdue University in the CM Department before joining with MCAA to teach at the Institute for Project Management & the Advanced Institute for Project Management, as well as a plethora of courses on the road at local MCAA chapters. John also spent 15 years as a mechanical contractor.
MCA-Omaha Members, Signatory Contractors, and MCA-Omaha Leadership Academy Members
Register below by June 3rd
Please contact Michele at 402.305.8969 with questions.
<< All Events
Registration is now closed for this event. Please contact Ali at 402.592.3330 for additional information.